All are invited to the first family potluck for the year!
- Date: Saturday, September 24, 2016
- Time: 4:30 p.m.
- Hosts: Matt, Nadine, Cecelia and Matt Stevenson
- Location: 515 Roumfort Road, Philadelphia 19119
All are welcome to bring: either an appetizer, entrée, salad, dessert, beer, wine or cookies.
Family Pot-Lucks are a great way to welcome new families to our community, and to catch-up with each other. We are looking forward to a great event.
What we leave behind is what we give, not what we take.
On October 2 there will be a combined service at 10 a.m. Everyone is invited afterwards for a pancake brunch.
Our giving changes lives and there will be some short talks on Saint Paul’s ministries talking about the work our church has supported. There will also be a presentation on how to use technology to create your own cell phone app, to access the parish directory, and manage your giving.
One person said giving is not transactional – “We do not listen to WII FM, that is ‘What’s In It For Me.'” We give because it makes a difference. Don’t miss this pancake breakfast on living generously.
“The point is this: the one who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the one who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” ~ 2 Corinthians 9: 6-7
We have a new app called “Church Life” to make online giving even easier!
1. First you need to create an account online. Click on the GIVE button on the Saint Paul’s website.
2. Click on “create online account” ~ on the left side of the page
3. Then you need to either create a login or use the email address already registered with Saint Paul’s. (with this account you can view and manage your contributions and view the parish directory)
4. Now you can download the “Church Life” app on your smartphone
5. Sign into your “Church Life” app using the password you created
The Parish Hall is filling up with lots of wonderful things to sell at our annual Rummage Sale on Friday, September 9 (pre-sale) and Saturday, September 10. You can drop off your “treasures” over the summer on Sundays from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to noon, and 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Rummage workers will gladly receive them and get them ready for sale. Lisa Miller is heading up the Rummage sale this year with lots of assistance. If you would like to pitch in and help, contact Shara Dunham at firstname.lastname@example.org. Join our helpers who are all having fun and serving such a good cause.