Shop & Drop
Our partnership with St. Luke’s Food Pantry in Germantown is having an impact on the lives of children, teenagers and adults faced with hunger as the pandemic has increased the numbers of those facing food insecurity.
Please add to your grocery basket each week a few non-perishable items (in non-glass containers) as listed below and donate them to “Shop+Drop, food for the hungry” at St. Paul’s.
- Canned and packaged goods
- Vegetables/rice/potatoes, other: canned vegetables, boxed mashed potatoes, and rice
- Protein: Peanut butter (or any other nut butter), nuts/seeds/trail mix, canned tuna fish, canned chicken, soup/stew-hearty, shelf-stable milk. And, jelly or jam to accompany peanut butter.
- Carbohydrates: Crackers, granola bars, cereal
- Other: Red tomato sauce, fruit cups, applesauce, canned fruit, and dried fruit.
- Especially needed during the winter months are canned vegetables and soups.
The drop off point at St. Paul’s is right outside the door to Dixon House. Please remember to donate only non-perishable items in non-glass containers.
Drivers needed: to deliver food to St. Luke’s, one day a week for a one-month stint. Contact Charlotte Biddle: 215-247-0837 to be added to the schedule. Instructions provided.
Thank you for your donations and for taking action to impact the lives of our neighbors facing food insecurity.
Charlotte Biddle, Tom O’Rourke, and Cheyenne DeMulder
Outreach Committee Co-Chairs