Christian formation provides an environment where we learn about our sacred stories from biblical times and from the early church, and pay attention to where our new sacred stories are happening today. We listen for how these sacred stories and traditions interplay with our everyday lives, and by doing so, we become more attuned to it.
This is a life-long endeavor that takes many twists and turns, and where we end up may look completely different than where we thought we were heading. It’s good to have companions along the path, and so we gather in groups for formation.
Please join us Sunday mornings, September through June. All programs for those under 18 years old adhere to the diocesan Safe Church policy, and the nursery is available during Sunday morning formation.
Sunday morning formation programs meet 9:45 to 10:45 AM beginning September 17, 2023.
- Godly Play (preschoolers through 5th graders) fosters curiosity, wonder and exploration for our young ones. Location: Classroom wing
- St Paul’s Youth (S.P.Y.) (grades 6 through 12) provides space for fellowship, learning and questioning. Location: Classroom wing
- Parents Exchange (adults) is a discussion forum with topics covering a wide range of parenting joys and challenges. Location: Classroom wing
- Adult Education Formation engages the intellect and the heart. Location: Dixon House
Nursery Sunday, 8:30 AM – 12:00 noon in the classroom wing
Parents of infants and toddlers are invited to leave their babies in the loving care of our nursery staff during worship services and programs on Sunday mornings. The nursery is staffed 8:30 AM through 12:00 noon.
The room is available for use at other times for nursing in the rocking chair, diaper changes, or a quiet place to take a break with your child.
Register for children’s formation programs (Godly Play; SPY)
Additional groups include:
- S.P.Y. Wednesdays, second Wednesday of each month, 5:30 – 7:00 PM
- Bible Study, Wednesday mornings from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Anti-Racism Book & Action Ministry, Wednesday evenings at 7 p.m.
- Cherub choir (ages 5-8), Thursdays from 5:00-6:00pm.
- Choristers (children aged 8 and up), Thursdays from 5:00-6:30pm