Thanksgiving Food Drive
My beloved parents, Jake and Betsy Roak led the inaugural St. Paul’s Thanksgiving Food Drive in November 2019 and the congregation responded with great enthusiasm. Honoring their commitment to help those in need, we are doing it again!
Last year, because of your overwhelming response we delivered 200 Turkeys, bags of fixings and sides and $1500 to restock pantries to the Food Pantry at St Lukes’s Germantown, Face to Face in Germantown, the Southside Church Center in East Germantown. This year, food will be delivered to St. Luke’s food cupboard and Face to Face in Germantown. Face to Face serves over 20,000 meals a year to hungry guests and a hundred families rely on the St. Luke’s food cupboard every week.
We invite you to help again this year.
- You can create a meal for a family by filling 2 reusable bags with the specific shopping list below
- Or, you can donate $45 and we will assemble and deliver the meal bags. Donate $45 to St. Paul’s- Thanksgiving Food (For online donations, select “Thanksgiving Food” or mail check payable to St. Paul’s Church, memo: Thanksgiving Food Drive. St. Paul’s Church, 22 East Chestnut Hill Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19118)
If you plan to participate either way, please let us know by November 8 by signing up here and indicating if you prefer to create or fund the meal bags. This will allow us to plan distribution for the greatest impact.
Thanksgiving Food Shopping List – A meal includes Bag 1 + Bag 2
Since many of the recipients will be walking or taking public transportation, reusable bags will allow for easier transport.
Reusable shopping bag #1 – frozen items:
- 1 10-12 lbs frozen turkey
- 1 frozen pumpkin or apple pie
Reusable shopping bag #2 – dry goods:
- 1 box of mashed potatoes
- 1 14 oz. can cranberry sauce
- 2 6 oz. boxes of Stove Top Mix for Turkey
- 2 14.05 oz cans of green beans
- 1 12 oz. jar of turkey gravy
Shoppers, please plan to drop off your meal to St. Paul’s Dixon House on Sunday, November 20, 9-11 a.m.
Thank you, in advance, for giving the gift of a Thanksgiving meal to those in need. Any questions, please email Lisa, email@example.com.
Lisa and Mike Budd
St. Paul’s Church Outreach Committee