Room at the Inn
Room at the Inn was founded in 2016, seeking to provide room for those fleeing violence and oppression. It fulfills its mission by serving as a refugee resettlement project. Saint Paul’s works with other local organizations to co-host a refugee family moving to Chestnut Hill. The refugee support team consists of approximately twenty people, mostly Saint Paul’s parishioners, who are working on the areas of housing, jobs, healthcare, schools, ESL, and orientation to life in this community to facilitate the refugee family’s smooth transition to the US. We have collected an apartment’s worth of donated furniture and supplies for families we hope to welcome.
In 2017, RATI provided an apartment, food, clothing, and support in navigating health care, government systems, schools, and job searches to a family of five.
- 70.8 million people around the world have been forced from home
- Among them are nearly 25.9 million refugees, over half of whom are under the age of 18
- Millions of stateless people have been denied a nationality
- Millions are denied basic rights: education, healthcare, employment, freedom of movement
- One person is forcibly displaced every two seconds as a result of conflict or persecution
Contact us if you would like to get involved in this ministry.